When to seek Help:
- Can’t return to a normal routine;
- Feeling extremely helpless;
- Having thoughts of hurting self or others;
- Using alcohol and drugs excessively; or
- Stopped doing things you enjoy.
You may want to start with a visit to your doctor or consider seeing a professional counsellor or therapist (may also be your faith leader) who can help you identify and talk through the sources of your stress and learn new coping tools.
3 Mayo Clinic, 2022. Identifying and Managing Stress, Anxiety and Depression: Mental Health Information and Resources
Disclaimer: The information contained within this resource is not a substitute for professional advice. Concerns specific to stress, anxiety depression or other mental health impacts should be discussed with your doctor or other mental health professional.