Take time to talk with family members and employees about the events.
Recognize that they may be concerned about the future of the farming operation.
Review with family members and employees the signs of stress (as noted above); Encourage them to come to you or seek out support if they recognize these symptoms in themselves or in you.
Take part in information meetings about the event(s) however also take breaks from the media reports and from thinking and talking about the events.
- Be cautious about making major decisions if you are very upset;
- Try to get back to your daily routine;
- Be physically active and do something you enjoy;
- Visit with friends and relatives; and
- Get lots of sleep, eat healthy and on a regular schedule.