Manure and Gas Leaks
Are You Prepared for Manure and Gas Leaks?
Natural gas in transmission pipelines does not have an added odorant making it difficult to detect leaks. Protect tanks, gauges, pipes and connectors from rust and inspect regularly for signs of damage or wear.
Know the signs of a natural or propane gas leak:
- Rotten egg smell;
- Dead or discolored vegetation in an otherwise green area;
- Dirt or dust blowing from a hole in the ground;
- Bubbling in wet or flooded areas;
- Blowing or hissing sound; and
- Flames, if a leak has ignited.