- Use the self-assessment checklist to cover all areas to consider;
- Read through each module and add your own farm’s unique assets; and
- Familiarise yourself with the various emergency responses. Each emergency type has its own considerations!
- Write down essential contact information and the description and location of production facilities, animals and equipment;
- Outline the basic procedures to follow during an emergency;
- Put a big label on your plan binder so that it is clearly identified; and
- Store an electronic version on a “cloud” server or document sharing service such as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, or OneDrive.