In the event your hatchery closes, get in contact with your procurement team and your processing plant to change your processing date.
- Fertilized eggs can be held longer; and
- Work directly with your hatchery in order to source chicks for your next flock.
Grading Station Closure
Contact your grading station for more information regarding the closure; and if eggs will be held longer at the station.
Processing Plant Closure
Labour disruptions or other issues could cause backlogs at the processing plant impacting your ability to ship finished birds out. Consider what your back up plan is before you need to decide what to do.
Depending on the severity of the pandemic, there may be steep decline in food-service demand as a result of a government-mandated scaling back of restaurant and workplace activities.
• Keep in mind that quota reductions may not be applied equally across your respective sector;
• Get in contact with your industry representative in order to determine if your operations will fall under a quota reduction; and
• If your operation does fall under a quota reduction, get in contact with your processor and/or hatchery to adjust production and/or chick placement.
Ensure workplaces are kept clean and hygienic. Promote regular and thorough hand washing by employees, contractors, visitors, etc. Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace.
• Maintain a social distance between individuals on farm (e.g. Chick or feed deliveries); and
• Limit large gatherings and/or meetings.